Wild Pacific Halibut Ceviche
This recipe is from Chef Wes Erikson’s collection. More info can be found at Wild Pacific Halibut.
- 1 lb wild pacific halibut cut into small 1/4” cubes
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 large onion, diced into small pieces
- 2 jalapenos, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup green pitted olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
In a medium bowl add halibut and 1 tsp salt, mix well and let sit for 10 to 30 minutes. Add lime juice and refrigerate for 6 hours. After 6 hours, stir halibut mixture and refrigerate for another 6 to 12 hours.
Using your hands gently squeeze the juice is from halibut one handful of the time, and place in another mixing bowl. Add all remaining ingredients except for the cherry tomatoes. Add cherry tomatoes just before serving.
This this can be served immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 days.