Recipe: Anchovy Garlic Buttered Salmon
- 1 pound salmon, skin on cut into portion sizes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 ounces anchovy fillets minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ground pepper
Always preheat your oven at the right temperature. Using a cast-iron skillet is recommended to achieve crispy salmon skin. You may sauté some greens over the buttery sauce after removing the fish. Example: kale, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, green beans, Brussel sprouts, etc.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mashed together the softened butter, minced anchovy, minced garlic and ground pepper.
- In a cast-iron skillet over HIGH heat, sear or lightly fry the salmon skin down for 2-3 minutes until brown using half of the anchovy garlic butter mixture.
- Make sure to spoon some of the melted butter from the pan over the fish as it cooks.
- Transfer pan to oven and roast for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and put remaining butter mixture into the pan until it melts.
- Serve immediately with the buttery sauce over the fish.
- Squeeze some lemon juice and sprinkle with parsley.