Recipe: Baked Prawns with Feta
- 1-1+1/4 pounds of Highline prawns, peeled and deveined (raw)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, your favourite brand. ( I prefer the Italian San Marzano type. You will have to dice them yourself if you opt to use them)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped Greek olives
- 2/3 cup Crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley Salt to taste (Greek olives have a high salt content, so don’t add any extra salt until you’ve tasted it!!!)-
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Sauté onions and garlic: Coat the bottom of a large, oven-proof skillet with oil and heat it on medium high heat.
- Stir in the onions and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- Add tomatoes, simmer: Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the juices thicken up a bit.
- Stir in the oregano and parsley, prawns, feta cheese, and olives.
- Place pan in oven and bake, uncovered, until shrimp are cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Serve with crusty French or Italian loaf bread, pasta, or rice.