Recipe: Mango Curry with Prawns
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 medium or 1cup red pepper (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (whole)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 medium or 1 cup gala apple (core removed and diced)
- 1 mango (peeled, pit removed and diced)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- Preheat a medium pot on medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of canola oil and then the onions, peppers and garlic.
- Sauté until everything is lightly browned.
- Now add the curry powder and sauté for another minute, stirring frequently. This will bring the flavours of the curry powder out a little.
- Add the broth and make sure that you release any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Now add the apple, mango and coconut milk and stir very well.
- Add prawns and cook for just a few minutes until prawns are cooked.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer sauce for 15 minutes and then puree in a food processor or blender.