Recipe: Pan Poached Halibut Piccata
- Four 6-oz. Pacific halibut filets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp capers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- Combine water, wine, lemon juice, bay leaf and pepper in large sauté pan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add fish to pan and simmer until flaky, approximately 5 minutes per inch of thickness measured at the thickest part of the fillet.
- When fish is done, remove and set aside.
- Reduce sauce to 1/2 cup. Remove bay leaf. Whisk butter into sauce, then add capers and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve halibut over pasta and/or with seasonal vegetables.
- Drizzle sauce over the fish and garnish with chopped chives.