Recipe: Sake Soy Salmon
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup sake
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- 2 to 3 Tbsp butter (optional)
- Four 6 oz salmon fillets
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine the stock, sake, soy sauce, ginger and garlic over medium heat. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduce by half, 8 to 10 minutes. Whisk in butter if desired.
- Brush fish fillets lightly with oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler or grill. Cook the salmon, turning once and basting with some of the sauce, until the fish looks almost opaque when the point of a knife is inserted into the thickest part, 3-4 minutes per side. Pour remaining sauce over cooked fish just before serving.
- The salmon can be baked instead of broiled or grilled. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and place the fish in an oiled baking dish. Bake, basting once with the sauce, until the fish looks almost opaque when the point of a knife is inserted into the thickest part (8 to 10 minutes).