Recipe: Sambal Drunken Prawns
Recipe submitted by Nori Fletcher.
- 1 lb spot prawns
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sambal oelek
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- If prawns are frozen, thaw under running water. Drain well then, with scissors, cut each shell along the back.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick skillet. Add shallot and garlic and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until softened
- Add wine and mix well. Then add sugar and sambal oelek, raise heat, and cook for 90 seconds.
- Add prawns, tossing them about in the sauce and cook until just done.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately