Recipe: Spiced Up Prawns and Salsa
- 1 pound prawns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chopped jalapeño peppers, fresh or pickled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 tbsp tequila
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla chips
When it’s just the two of us, we use a large flat bowl for presentation instead of individual glasses.
- Chill 4 cocktail glasses to be used for serving.
- Peel prawns, place into a bowl, marinate with oil, jalapeños, and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30-90 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine red pepper, onion, tomato, corn, black beans, remaining lime juice, tequila, cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill.
- Place prawns on a greased grill over medium high heat, cook till pink
- To serve, rim your chilled glasses with salt, divide the salsa among the glasses, top with the grilled prawns, garnish with a lime wedge.
- Serve with tortilla chips.