Recipe: Spot Prawn Nachos
- 1 lb spot prawn tails
- 1 bag tortilla chips (about 250 grams), such as Abuelo's no-salt chips
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, finely chopped
- 1 lime grated cheese, optional
- If spot prawns are frozen, rinse in colander with cold water a few minutes.
- Bring large pot of water to boil, add spot prawn tails and cook 2 minutes. The color of the meat will turn from translucent to opaque white. Do not overcook.
- Drain and rinse with cold water in colander.
- Peel when cool enough to handle.
- For the aioli drizzle, whisk together mayo, greek yogurt, chipotle peppers, juice of 1/2 a lime.
- Whisk in a bit of avocado oil or olive oil if it is too thick.
- Chill until ready to use.
- To assemble, spread tortilla chips on large plates.
- If you are adding grated cheese, use a cookie sheet and bake a few minutes before adding rest of ingredients.
- Top with tomatoes and green onions.
- Chop or pinch apart spot prawn tails to smaller pieces and add to nachos.
- Drizzle with aioli mixture to taste.
- Enjoy with a favorite local beverage!