Recipe: Tuna Casserole
Chris Blanchard's classic tuna casserole is a cheesy crackery plate of goodness. Try it out on a cold winter night.
- 1 16 oz pkg noodles cooked according to package
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 - 4 to 5 oz fresh tuna steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 C condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 1 10 oz bag frozen peas
- 1 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10-12 Ritz style crackers crumbled
- Prepare your noodles, according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat the olive oil over med/hi heat.
- Dry the tuna steaks on both sides with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks in the pan and cook until browned on both sides and internal temp is 120 degrees F.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- Using two forks, flake the tuna into bite size chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked noodles, soup, milk, peas and tuna.
- In a 2.5 quart baking dish, spoon the mixture in and smooth into an even layer.
- Top the dish with the cheese and crumbled crackers.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.