Recipe: Wild Pacific Halibut Ceviche
- 1 lb wild pacific halibut cut into small 1/4" cubes
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 large onion, diced into small pieces
- 2 jalapenos, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup green pitted olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- In a medium bowl add halibut and 1 tsp salt, mix well and let sit for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Add lime juice and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, stir halibut mixture and refrigerate for another 6 to 12 hours.
- Using your hands gently squeeze the juice is from halibut one handful of the time, and place in another mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the cherry tomatoes. Add cherry tomatoes just before serving.
This this can be served immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 days.